Booking places to stay
Booking places to stay
- How-toBooking a trip: What to do if you’re newLearn about Airbnb’s booking process, how to confirm your reservation, special offers direct from a Host, and more.
- How-toBooking for friends and familyAirbnb reservations for personal travel need to be booked by the person who's going to stay at the listing.
- How-toAsking to visit before bookingWe encourage all guests to complete their bookings through our website before meeting in person to ensure their safety and privacy.
- How-toBooking split staysSplit stays is a feature that allows you to split longer stays between two different listings.
- How-toFlexible ways to searchGuests can discover more flexible ways to travel using Categories—browsing millions of homes they never knew existed.
- How-toBeing a considerate guestFrom sharing your story in your bio section to leaving honest reviews, connecting with other members of our community is key to traveling wi…
- GuideGetting protected through AirCoverAirCover is top-to-bottom protection for Airbnb guests.
- RulesWhat is and isn’t protected by AirCoverAirCover is a comprehensive protection program included for free with every booking, and protects you from many issues that could come up du…
- Legal termsAirCover and travel insuranceBoth AirCover, through Airbnb, and travel insurance, a purchase US guests can make separately through Generali during checkout, can help you…
- Legal termsTravel insurance through Generali and Europ AssistanceAs of June 2022, guests who live in the United States can purchase travel insurance while booking an Airbnb reservation.
- How-toBooking requirementsAfter the basics (name, email, and phone number) we need a little more info in order for you to book your stay.
- Community policyAge requirementsYou must be at least 18 to book a reservation or host your place on Airbnb.
- RulesTraveling with childrenYes, children can travel on Airbnb, but some Hosts have specified that their space may not be safe or suitable for children or infants.
- How-toAccessibility PolicyOur community is built on the principles of inclusion, belonging, and respect, which includes welcoming and supporting people with disabilit…
- RulesBooking in CubaAirbnb has been granted special authorization by the US Department of Treasury that allows us to offer authorized travel services to non-US …
- How-toBooking in JapanGet helpful info on what you need to know before booking a stay in Japan, including info you’ll give your Host.
Host interactions and pre-approvals
- How-toContacting HostsIf you want to find out more about a listing, Host, or experience before booking, you can message the host on Airbnb.
- How-toHow an invite to book worksA pre-approval is a way for a host to let you know that their listing is available when asked about a potential reservation. You have 24 hou…
- How-toWhat does it mean if a host pre-approves me?If a host pre-approves you, you can automatically book your reservation for the dates you’ve inquired about without waiting for another resp…
- How-toInvites and special offersYou can contact a host about their place before requesting to book it. The host then has the option to pre-approve you or give you a special…
- How-toWhen to message your HostYou can book a reservation without contacting the Host beforehand, but it’s a good idea to message the Host if you have questions.
- How-toContacting a Host without booking a reservationBefore you book you can ask a Host specific questions about a listing, availability, and more.
- How-toIf a Host asks you to sign a contractSome Hosts require a rental agreement to secure a reservation but they must disclose this requirement and its terms prior to booking.
- How-toWhat guest details are shared with Hosts prior to booking
- How-toHow to book Instant Book and regular listingsOnce you’re ready to book, you can send a request to the Host, or message them with any questions.
- How-toCancel a trip requestAs long as your pending trip request hasn’t been accepted, you can cancel the reservation through the message thread with your Host.
- How-toCheck your reservation status as a guestYou can check the status of your reservation by visiting your inbox or by going to Trips and finding your reservation.
- How-toUnderstanding your reservation statusFind details on the various statuses your reservation may go through.
- How-toHost response timeHosts have 24 hours to officially accept or decline a reservation request. You'll be updated by email with the status.
- How-toChange a pending trip requestIf the request is pending and hasn’t been accepted by the Host, you can withdraw the request and send a new one with your updated reservatio…