Being a good neighbor
Respect must extend beyond the Airbnb community to those around us. That respect includes avoiding disturbing neighbors with disruptive gatherings, noise, or other agitating behaviors and actions.
What we do allow
- Host-designed rules: We encourage Hosts to clearly explain the expectations they have of their guests in their house rules, listing descriptions, and through Airbnb message threads. Airbnb sets minimum standards, but Hosts should consider including additional information or guidelines customized to their neighborhood.
- Professional hospitality events: Only professional hospitality businesses such as hotels or bed and breakfasts may offer large scale events, provided they do not disturb the surrounding community or otherwise create a community nuisance.
What we don’t allow
- Disruptive gatherings: Gatherings that threaten the safety of or disturb the surrounding community are not allowed, regardless of size. Learn more about our community disturbance rules, including our rules against disruptive parties and events.
- “Party house” listings: Unless hosting as part of a professional hospitality business, Hosts should not encourage or otherwise permit disruptive gatherings, parties, or events in their listing descriptions or elsewhere.
- Community nuisances: Disruptive behavior and actions including excessive smoking around neighbors or smoking in areas where smoking is prohibited, littering, making excessive noise, or obstructing a neighbor’s access to their homes aren’t allowed.
We're here to help
If you or someone else feels threatened or unsafe, please first contact local law enforcement authorities for assistance. Additionally, if you witness or experience behavior that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.
- GuestFind out more about Airbnb’s Content Policy specific to COVID-19.
- GuestAirbnb has partnered with Polaris to strengthen our community’s understanding of human trafficking by helping you learn about red flags and …
- GuestGuidance for Hosts for when a neighbor reports an issue.