How emails are anonymized for sharing
For everyone’s security, you should always communicate through Airbnb. We keep your info secure, and we never share your email, even with your Host or guest after you have a confirmed reservation. If anyone sends you a message on Airbnb, you’ll get an email notification at the address you used to sign up.
Limited email alias feature
If you’re a Host using software that isn’t integrated with Airbnb messaging, or you need to send attachments that messaging doesn’t support, you can create an anonymized email using your Professional hosting tools.
These addresses let you send emails like you normally would, but with an extra layer of security. Any email sent to a temporary Airbnb address is forwarded to the associated personal email address. This lets you use your email provider to send or reply to messages, attach files (up to 15 MB), and include links.
An anonymized email address might look like:
- Personal email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Temporary Airbnb address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- GuestEmails from Medallia on behalf of AirbnbFrom time to time, we like to send Hosts and guests a little something to say thanks or help celebrate a special moment—we call this AirbnbL…
- HostHow can I contact guests via email for a reservation?There are a number of ways for Hosts to communicate easily with guests.
- HostResponsible hosting in Buenos AiresWe offer help for Airbnb Hosts to familiarize themselves with hosting responsibilities, and to provide a general overview of different laws,…