Find your refund amount
In most cases, the amount of your refund depends on your reservation’s cancellation policy and when you cancel.
You can also learn about the cancellation policy for your reservation by going to Trips and choosing your trip, or by reviewing your reservation confirmation email.
- Refund amount: If you’ve only paid part of your reservation’s total upfront, your refund amount may be less than you expect. The amount of the refund won’t ever exceed the amount you’ve actually paid.
- Refund timing: Your refund won’t arrive right away, even though we send it as soon as you cancel.
- Cancellation cutoff times: Cutoff times are all in the trip’s local time.
- Coupons: Coupons are not refundable.
- Service fees: Service fees for stays are not refundable if:
- You cancel after your reservation’s free refund period ends,
- You've made another reservation with overlapping dates (this prevents double-booking), or
- You’ve cancelled more than 3 times in the last 12 months.
You may be entitled to a full refund or a larger refund than the standard refund of your host’s cancellation policy if: