How to submit your ID
By providing your identification info, you help build trust in the Airbnb community.
When you’re asked to confirm your identity, you’ll need to add either your legal name and address, or a photo of a government ID (driver’s license, passport, or national identity card).
If you need to come back and finish confirming your identity later, go to identity verification to continue where you left off.
Having trouble? Try these:
- Check your messages: You may have been sent additional information via text, email, or phone. Do you think you may have missed an email? Learn why.
- Grant camera permission: The Airbnb app or your browser may need permission to access your camera. Still not working? Try refreshing the app or page.
- Use high-quality photos: Take photos in a well-lit room, checking that your face is clear and not obscured, and fit information within the provided white lines. Using “auto” mode will allow the app to automatically take high quality photos, although you can always switch back to take photos manually. Religious head coverings are welcome, but please make sure that we can see your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Submit photos of an original (not photocopied) and undamaged ID: If the ID has two sides, like a driver’s license or national ID card, submit photos of the front and back.
For residents of Singapore, Hong Kong, the Netherlands, Japan, and Korea: Be sure the image of your ID doesn’t show your identification or registration number. If you're uploading a Korean national ID card or driving license, please allow only the first 6 digits to remain visible (which contain your date of birth).
For more info
- GuestVerifying your identityYour security is important to us. Check out the steps we take to not only verify your identity, but to keep it safe.
- GuestTypes of ID for verificationYour ID needs to be an official government-issued ID (not an ID for a school, library, gym, etc.) that includes a photo of you.
- GuestWhat happens when your ID is checkedIf a profile is marked “ID checked,” it means this person has successfully added a government ID. This helps us keep Airbnb secure.