If your guest cancels
It happens—plans change! If a guest needs to cancel their reservation, we’re here to help you with a quick rebound.
When a guest cancels:
- We’ll notify you immediately
- We’ll unblock the reservation dates
- We’ll coordinate payouts and refunds
If you're owed a payout, you'll receive it 24 hours after your guest's scheduled check-in time.
If this is your first time hosting, we may hold the payout until 30 days after the reservation was confirmed. Find out more about payouts.
Guests who cancel will receive an automatic refund if your cancellation policy permits it. Even if it doesn't, they may qualify for a refund under our Rebooking and Refund Policy, or if there’s an extenuating circumstance.
Was your guest's stay not up to your hosting standards? Learn how to issue a partial refund.
Cancellations after check-in
If a guest cancels after they’ve already checked in, they must vacate your listing immediately, and the terms of your cancellation policy will still apply.
- HostYour payout if a guest cancelsIf a guest cancels (either before or during a trip), they’re automatically refunded according to your cancellation policy, with a couple of …
- Changes, cancellations, and refundsSometimes things come up and either you or your guest has a change of plans. To keep things running smoothly, here’s some helpful info.
- HostRefund your guestHow you refund a guest depends on whether it’s before or after their trip.