What does an adjustment on my transaction history mean?
An adjustment is an amount of money a host owes as a result of a cancellation, reservation change, or violation of our Guest Refund Policy.
To check the status of an adjustment:
- Go to your Account Settings
- Click Transaction History
Adjustments are applied against payout method of the associated reservation and automatically deducted from the next scheduled payout. If your reservation follows Payout Routing Rules, the adjustment will be split according to the percentages that you set up, on a per-listing basis. Please note that this excludes adjustments and refunds approved through the Resolution Center.
- GuestWhen you’ll get your refundWhile they are issued almost immediately, most refunds arrive within 10 days, but for some payment methods and regions, it might take longer…
- HostFinding my payout informationYou can check the status of your payouts and review detailed information on your earnings from your Transaction history.
- HostHow the Resolution Center helps youThe Resolution Center lets you request or send money for things related to your Airbnb trip. Guests and Hosts can ask Airbnb for help in rea…