In consideration of all members of our community, we restrict certain content, whether online or at a stay or Experience.
What we do allow
- Pre-disclosed nude and sexually suggestive content in a listing: We allow certain nude artwork, sexually suggestive content, or objects with sexual themes as long as the stay or Experience is not made available to anyone under the age of 18 and as long as its presence is disclosed in the listing description. Guests should not be made to feel shocked or uncomfortable by unexpected adult content during an Airbnb reservation.
What we don’t allow
- Violating content: Any content that violates our Content Policy or our Copyright Policy.
- Violent or graphic content in an accommodation: Hosts should not display imagery depicting physical harm in spaces shared with guests unless it has historical or cultural significance. Display of such content must be disclosed in writing in the listing description.
- Violent or graphic content in a listing description: Hosts should not include images of physical harm in their listing description.
- Sexually explicit content on Airbnb: Sexually explicit imagery is not allowed. If a stay or Experience contains adult themes or sexually explicit content, it should be disclosed in the listing description in writing; photos of the sexually explicit content should not be included.
- Sexually explicit language: Hosts may not display or use language verbally or written that is intended for sexual arousal, or that contains or references sexual acts.
- Violent, graphic, or sexually suggestive content in listing descriptions (Mainland China only):
- Sexually suggestive content is prohibited, and nude or nearly nude imagery is prohibited unless the content is of political, social, religious, cultural, or artistic value/commentary cultural significance.
- Violent or graphic content as well as images of weapons are prohibited, regardless of the reason for posting.
We're here to help
If you witness or experience behavior that goes against our policies, please let us know.
While these guidelines don’t cover every possible scenario, they’re designed to offer general guidance on Airbnb’s community policies.