If something is wrong at check-in
If anything unexpected comes up when you check in, we recommend messaging your Host to discuss a solution first. It’s likely that they’ll help you fix it right away. If you’d like to request a refund or cancel your reservation, we can help you get started with your Host.
Message your Host
Generally, it’s a good idea to try talking to your Host first. You can message your Host directly from your inbox to discuss a solution. If you come to an agreement with your Host on a resolution, there’s a higher chance your request will be approved.
Start a request within 24 hours
If your issue hasn’t been resolved, we’ll help you start a request to resolve the issue.When you do this, you can choose to ask your Host to fix the problem, request a partial refund, or request to cancel your reservation for a full refund. Your Host will have 1 hour to respond to your request. If they decline or don’t respond, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help.
- Gather evidence: If possible, take photos or videos to document issues like a missing or broken amenity.
- Submit a request to your Host: You’ll describe the issue, provide photos if you can, and let the Host know how you’d like to resolve it. It’s important to get help within 24 hours of noticing the issue. Otherwise, your refund amount might be affected.
- Wait for their response: If they decline or don’t respond in 1 hour, you can ask Airbnb to step in to help. Airbnb will refer to the Guest Refund Policy to help you resolve the issue.
Note: In an emergency situation, or if your personal safety is threatened, contact local police or emergency services immediately.
- How-to•GuestHow to read and send messagesYou must be logged in to your Airbnb account to read or send messages. You can click or tap on a message thread to read existing messages or…
- How-to•GuestCanceling during your stayOur Guest Refund Policy can help cover situations when the listing or amenities are not what you expected.
- How-to•GuestHow the Resolution Center helps youThe Resolution Center lets you request or send money for things related to your Airbnb trip. Guests and Hosts can ask Airbnb for help in rea…