How do I add check-in instructions to my listing?
You can add or update the check-in instructions for your listing in the Listing section of your account. Guests won’t be able to see detailed check-in instructions until 3 days before their reservation starts.
Adding check-in instructions
To add check-in instructions to your listing:
- Go to the Listings section of your account
- Click on the listing you want to edit
- In the Info for guests tab, scroll to Arrival
- Next to Check-in instructions, click Edit
- Select the option that suits you best and click Save
Note: Self check-in may not be available in all countries.
Check-in instructions options
Options available for check-in instructions include:
- Smart lock: A lock guests open with a mobile app or keypad
- Keypad: Guests can open the door with a code
- Lockbox: The key is stored in a small safe, which guests can open with a code
- Building staff: Someone is available 24 hours a day to let guests in
- Host greets you: A host or co-host will meet guests to exchange the key
- Other: Guests can use a different method not listed above
- GuestSelf check-inGuests can access the listing using a key lockbox, smartlock, keypad, or by getting a key, any time after the designated check-in time.
- GuestWhere to find your check-in instructionsYou can find your check-in information in the details of your reservation. We’ll also send you a reservation reminder email with this info.
- GuestCoordinating check-in with your HostCheck-in and checkout can vary by place to place. Message your Host to figure out times and other details and ask any questions.