Invites and special offers
Let’s say you contact a Host about their place before requesting to book it. The Host can then invite you to book in two ways:
- Invitation to book: Allows you to book for the dates and prices shown when you contacted the Host.
- Special offer: Host chooses a custom price (or other details) and invites you to book with the new details. You’ll have 24 hours to accept the special offer.
To accept an invitation to book or special offer:
- Go to your Inbox and open your Host’s message
- Review the details of your pre-approval or special offer and click or tap Book now
- Next, click Reserve and review your payment info
- Click or tap Confirm and pay
Note: The special offer will be for the nightly rate, cleaning fees, and any extra guest fees, but it doesn’t include taxes, the service fee, or the security deposit (only certain Hosts can charge a security deposit). You will get a detailed breakdown of the price before you finalize the booking.
- How-to•GuestHow an invite to book worksA pre-approval is a way for a host to let you know that their listing is available when asked about a potential reservation. You have 24 hou…
- How-to•GuestBooking a trip: What to do if you’re newLearn about Airbnb’s booking process, how to confirm your reservation, special offers direct from a Host, and more.
- How-to•GuestPaying and communicating through AirbnbPaying and communicating through Airbnb helps ensure that you're protected under all of our Host and guest safeguards.